Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Black and White photo framing with personal touch - DIY

Taking pictures is my passion. I have thousands of them but unfortunately I can't display all of them. Having few digital photo frames around the house helps in this case;) but there are always few of these special pics worth putting in a nice decorative frame. I like black and white pictures the most. They have this unique character. I always look in stores for some interesting patterns and textures on different things, weather it is a napkin or a placemat or maybe a wallpaper. Visiting craft stores is of course always a good idea in search of these kind of things too. Here is what I did recently with my favorite picture of my son from his early years:


  • I found in Target this black textured placemat just $2.95 and interesting napkin also $2.95


  • my eyes were also drawn to this black and white ribbon stripe decorative paper just $0.99
  • I bought black frame on sale for $10 in a craft store and started playing with all my items


  •  I cut the textured black placemat as my main background first...




  •  then I tried my napkin to put as a second background but I found the zig zag design to be too big for the size of my frame. It would definitely look better in a bigger frame as a main background. In this case I would have had to cut a lot of it... (Tip: if you use any fabric to be framed always steam iron it first for smooth, wrinkle free look)

trying zig zag napkin

  •  ...so I ended up with my decorative ribbon stripe paper as my second background and here is final result. Hope you like it:)



in my office:)



...another idea, if you don't want to frame picture necessary. I used an artificial white flower and removed glass from the frame. Like I said just an idea;)


2 comments:

  1. Bardzo ciekawy pomysł z tymi ramkami. Wykorzystam u siebie w przedpokoju. Mogłabyś wrzucić jakieś inspiracje dotyczące małych kuchni? Nawet bardzo małych ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dziekuje Paulina:)Ciesze sie ze zotalas zainspirowana. O to chodzi;)Planuje zrobic post odnosnie kuchni gdyz jest to numer jeden "pokoj" chyba u kazdego w zyciu. Zdecydowanie wezme pod uwage rowniez size of kitchen;) Pozdrawiam

      Delete