Sunday, March 25, 2012

Front Entry Way - DIY project

For couple of last weeks I've been very busy with some spring projects around my house or better saying around my yard. I'll be slowly sharing it with you as it's getting accomplished.
One of my Saturdays I decided to work on my front entry way look. I think you agree with me saying that main entry way should be always welcoming looking:) Mine needed some refreshment after winter so I painted my concrete floor that had some water stains and just looked ugly. I choose this interesting brown shade  called Vaquero Brown from Quikrete that perfectly goes with my house colors but there are so many different colors to choose from:)


Semi-Transparent Stain





Adobe Tint
Saltillo Tile
Artifact
Peridot
Tranquil Pool
Shale Stone
Autumn Tint

Red Rocks
Graystone
Olive Shade
Blue Alloy
Gray Ash
Sarong
Quarry Red
Loden
Mirage
Thunder Cloud
New England Slate
Tuscan Sunset
Cheyenne Rock
Arizona Clay
Green Oxide
Aqua Stone
Gunpowder
Burnished Gold
Gem Stone
Vaquero Brown
Shaded Forest
Cavern Pool


Check out this link for interesting ideas on Quickrete website to update for example your driveway and sidewalks just with paint: 



I also bought these new planters I found for pretty good price and bought some new plants. At the the end I just added a new floor mat and it was all done. Nice and easy. Here are some photos before and after. Hope you like it:)






The result



Loving this plant combination:) can't wait till it grows a little more






 Some of my favorite charming main entry way suggestions and inspirations. First 4 photos I made myself while visiting Charleston, SC last year; unbelievably inspiring place for your home and garden:)










No comments:

Post a Comment